How to Fix Blurams Camera Not Connecting to WiFi
If you’re having issues with your Blurams camera not connecting to WiFi, don’t worry!
In this comprehensive blog post, we’ll go through some clear step-by-step solutions to help you get your Blurams camera up and running again.
Whether you’re dealing with connection issues, setup problems, or other technical difficulties, we’re here to help.
Step 1: Verify your WiFi network
First, ensure that your WiFi network is functional by connecting other devices to it.
If other devices can connect without any issues, the problem might be with your Blurams camera.
If other devices cannot connect, try restarting your router (Step 2) or contact your internet service provider for assistance.
Step 2: Restart your devices
A simple restart can sometimes resolve connection issues.
Turn off your Blurams camera and unplug it from the power source for 30 seconds before plugging it back in. Additionally, restart your router by unplugging it for 30 seconds and plugging it back in.
Step 3: Reset your Blurams camera
Performing a factory reset can resolve various issues, including WiFi connectivity problems. To reset your Blurams camera:
- Power on your camera.
- Locate the reset button (usually a small hole) on the camera.
- Use a pin or paperclip to press and hold the reset button for about 5 seconds until you hear a beep.
- Release the button and wait for the camera to reboot.
After resetting the camera, try connecting to the WiFi network again.
Step 4: Check your camera’s firmware
Outdated firmware can cause connectivity issues. To check for firmware updates:
- Open the Blurams app.
- Go to the camera settings.
- Select “Check for updates.”
- If there’s an update available, follow the instructions to update your camera’s firmware.
Step 5: Update the Blurams app
Make sure you’re using the latest version of the Blurams app, as outdated versions can cause connection problems.
Update the app by visiting the Google Play Store (for Android) or the App Store (for iOS) and searching for the Blurams app. If an update is available, download and install it.
Step 6: Disable VPN and proxy services
If you’re using a VPN or proxy service on your phone, it may interfere with the connection between your camera and the app. Disable any VPN or proxy services on your device and try connecting to the WiFi network again.
Step 7: Check for network interference
Electromagnetic interference from other devices or metal objects can affect your camera’s WiFi connection.
Keep your camera at least 3 feet away from devices such as cordless phones, microwaves, or other electronic devices. Additionally, avoid placing your camera near large metal objects.
Step 8: Adjust your router settings
Some router settings can cause connectivity issues with your Blurams camera. Consider adjusting the following settings:
- Change the WiFi channel on your router to avoid interference from other devices.
- Set your router to use the 2.4 GHz frequency, as Blurams cameras do not support 5 GHz networks.
- Disable “Airtime Fairness” or “WiFi Multimedia” (WMM) settings, if available, as these can cause connectivity problems.
Step 9: Contact Blurams support
If none of the previous steps resolve your issue, it’s time to contact Blurams support. They can provide further assistance and help you troubleshoot your camera’s connection issues. To contact Blurams support:
- Visit the official Blurams website at https://www.blurams.com/.
- Click on “Support” in the main menu.
- Choose “Contact Us” from the dropdown menu.
- Fill out the contact form with your information and a description of the issue you’re experiencing.
You can also try reaching out to them via their social media accounts, such as Facebook or Twitter, for a quicker response.
By following these step-by-step solutions, you should be able to resolve most WiFi connectivity issues with your Blurams camera.
Remember to verify your WiFi network, restart your devices, reset your camera, check for firmware and app updates, disable VPN and proxy services, check for network interference, adjust your router settings, and finally, contact Blurams support if needed.
With a bit of patience and persistence, you’ll have your camera connected and running smoothly in no time.